Puppies and Treats

11:43:00 AM

So it's no shock to anyone who knows me but I treat my puppies like babies. I love them both so much and I want nothing but the absolute best for them! This means making home made treats for them happens on a pretty regular basis. I am constantly looking online for something yummy for my girls and with the help of Pinterest I found some very great treats that both of my pups love!

Before I go any further allow me to introduce you to the two most amazing pups ever (at least that's my personal opinion)...






Miss Khloe... aka KhloButt, Khloe Monster, Khloe Marie... She is a mix of a Dachshund and Chihuahua or a Chiweenie. Andrew and I adopted her from an amazing shelter Posh Puppies Rescue, it is a no kill shelter and all of the people who work there are extremely nice, I would recommend this shelter to anyone looking to adopt a rescue puppy! Her birthday is November 1st 2010 and she has a personality out of this world! She is such a lover, constantly wanting to cuddle and gives an abundance of kisses!




Miss Mab... aka Mabster, Mabby, Queen Mab... She is full blown Pug. We adopted her from the same shelter that we adopted Khloe, I told you, amazing place and I highly recommend it!!! Her birthday is July 17th 2011 (we kind of had to guess at the actual date of her birthday, they told us she was roughly three months when we got her so we guessed). She is a little fireball... granted she is still pretty young! She can also be a lover, when she wants to and usually only for a limited amount of time! <3





These girls together are so entertaining... they are either fighting like siblings or sleeping on top of one another. My favorite thing in the world is to make them treats, they just get so excited and even like to sit in front of the oven while they cook... I leave the oven light on for them to see in... this has backfired because now every time I bake anything they think its for them!

Their FAVORITE treat (at least I say it's their favorite, let's be real, they will eat just about anything) are


Peanut Butter Dog Biscuits


Ingredients
1 Cup Flour
1/4 Cup Oats
1/4 Cup Shredded Coconut
1/2 T baking powder
1/2 Cup creamy organic peanut butter
1/2 Cup milk
1 T olive oil
1 T apple sauce
Directions
Preheat oven to 350. Combine all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. Mix all wet ingredients in a separate bowl. Combine ingredients slowly and mix well. Once mixed, roll out dough on wax paper until dough is about 1/2 inch thick. Use cookie cutters to create fun shaped treats, place cut outs on an unlined baking sheet. Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown. Repeat for the rest of the dough. Store treats in an airtight container!

I hope your pups enjoy these just as much as mine do!

What's your favorite treat for your pups?!

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. CUTE!!!! I am obsessed with my doggies too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pups are so cute! And I can't wait to try the treat recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm soooo obsessed with my dogs! haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are too cute! I have two dachshunds! One is 2 years and They are such sweeties! & Definitely have the funniest personalities! So cute!

    xox have a great weekend!

    www.showeredwithdesign.blogspot.com

    -Lisa Nicole

    ReplyDelete

Instagram @mmlarose

Subscribe