So I know what everyone thinks when they think pizza, unhealthy.
While, yes, that is true... Everything in moderation is a motto that I live by, because cutting out everything that is generally bad for you is just not attainable in most peoples lives.
Anyway, this pizza crust recipe is extremely easy.
AND to help make the recipe a tad bit better for you, just use wheat flour or coconut flour in place of the white flour and you can rest a tad bit easier.
What you need:
- 1 Cup Warm Water
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Active Dry Yeast
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2.5 Cups Flour (of choice!)
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- Pizza toppings of choice
What you'll do:
- Preheat your oven to 450... We use a pizza stone so I heat mine up over an hour prior to using it just so that the stone has a nice amount of time to heat up as well, if you're not using a stone go ahead and grease a baking sheet and set aside
- Put your warm water into a mixing bowl
- Add sugar and yeast and stir to combine, when mixture becomes bubbly and frothy go ahead and move onto the next step
- Add in your olive oil and stir together gently
- Add flour and salt to the mixture and use a spatula or wooden spoon to stir together until dough begins to form
- Use extra flour on your counter top and spread generously
- Take dough and knead it out on the previously floured surface until it becomes light and fluffy
- Using a floured rolling pin roll your dough out to your desired shape
- Place dough on your cooking sheet or pizza stone
- Place in the preheated oven for 5 minutes to set the pizza dough prior to adding your toppings
- Take out of the oven after 5 minutes and add any toppings you would like
- Place back in the oven for an additional 15-20 minutes
- Take out of the oven and let cool, remove your pizza from the cooking surface (stone or sheet) once it has cooled a little bit, keeping your pizza on this surface will create a really tough crust (I have learned from experience)... I place mine on a wire rack to finish cooling down before serving
I hope you enjoy! Let me know if you try this recipe!
, by Scribble-N-Dash