How To : No bake energy bites9:24:00 AM
When it comes to snacking I am a pro! I love being able to have foods that I can eat on the go. These no bake energy bites are awesome, easy to make and to top it off they are way healthier for you than a lot of snack foods!
What you will need:
- 1/2 Cup nut butter (I use organic peanut butter but you could use almond butter, regular peanut butter, pretty much any nut or seed butter)
- 1/3 Cup honey
- 1 Cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 Cup shredded coconut
- 1 to 2 Teaspoon(s) vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 1 to 2 Teaspoon(s) of your favorite spice mixtures (I usually put pumpkin pie spice and nutmeg. Just a little bit will do the trick!)
- 1/2 Cup other add-ins (I use the mini chocolate chips, usually I don't use the entire half cup though. You could also use whole or chopped nuts or even dried fruit)
- In a large bowl add the nut butter, honey, vanilla and salt; mix well
- In a separate bowl mix the oats, coconut, spice mixture and add-ins
- Slowly start adding the dry ingredients in with those from step one
- Once all your ingredients are combined set the bowl in the fridge for about 30 minutes (this is the most time consuming part of the whole process, and all you have to do is wait, how easy is this?!)
- After the 30 minutes remove bowl from fridge and start forming little bite size balls out of the mixture, and viola!!!
Store them in a Tupperware container,or something similar, in the fridge!! Congratulations, you have just made yourself a very tasty, very easy snack that you can eat on the go!!
Let me know what you think about these tasty treats in the comments below, post pics or links to your blogs showcasing this snack! Hope you enjoy!