Hot Chocolate 5k Race Recap

10:31:00 PM

Disclaimer: I received free race entry into the All State Hot Chocolate 5k to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review, find, and write race reviews

This is the third time I have ran this race in St. Louis. A few years back I ran with a group of friends, last year I ran the 15k with BibRave (and my Mom) and this year with BibRave and my Mom, we ran the 5k distance.

Top photo from 2016, Bottom left from 2018, Bottom right from 2019
I love this race so much.

I love the course, the swag and the atmosphere. There really isn't any race like the Hot Chocolate and it has quickly become a favorite of mine.

From beginning to end I truly have no complaints, especially this year because the weather was quite wonderful compared to last years freezing temps!



So going into this race I knew I wasn't going to be breaking any of my personal records but I wanted to have a great race. I started out conservatively, if you know me that's not my style at all, and it really paid off in the end. I was able to negative split the entire race and didn't need to make any pit stops along the way. I felt GOOD throughout the whole thing and it was a really excellent feeling. I haven't felt that good during a race in a really long time.

My time wasn't anything earth shattering but it was a time that I walked away feeling accomplished with!

After the race was over I received my medal and headed to get my hot chocolate, which was delicious as always! We took some photos and called it a day.



Another great perk about this race was that I got to meet fellow BibRave Pro, Sam! We are in the same area and have a tendency of running the same races. Time constraints and population of the races have always kept us apart but we were determined to meet up this time and we made it happen!



I'm also digging the free race photos, most races seem to be jumping on the free photo bandwagon here recently and I'm living for it!


I can't wait until next year! Happy racing everyone!

*CHEERS*

Please Follow Along

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram @mmlarose

Subscribe