Mexican Chicken and Rice - Recipe

7:00:00 AM

If you caught my Instagram takeover at Sworkit's IG page last week I shared with you all a day in our life as well as what I eat on a daily basis! My dinner recipe I said I would share in detail here on the blog as it was way too much to put in an IG story snap!

So this is one of my fave dinner recipes, not only is it healthy it's also great for leftovers and my entire family eats it in their own way! I eat it as is or with slices of fresh avocado! My husband likes to eat it adding in some Hot Salsa! My boys like parts of it, the chicken, the rice and of course there are times where they just need ketchup for the chicken.


What You'll Need:
-2 Chicken Breast cut into cubes
-Taco seasoning (1 tbspn)... I like to make my own but you can use a package!
-Olive Oil
-About 1 cup diced tomato
-Handful fresh cilantro chopped up
-3 or 4 green onions chopped
-1/2 of a green pepper diced
-1 can black beans drained and rinsed
-About 1 cup frozen corn
-1 cup cooked rice of choice (I use white rice most frequently, most family friendly)
-Juice from 1 lemon and 1 lime

OPTIONAL:
-Salsa
-1 sliced avocado
-1/2 red onion diced
-1/2 red pepper diced

What You'll Do:
1. Dice up all of the veggies, greens & drain the black beans, add all of these ingredients along with your cooked rice into a large mixing bowl
2. Mix the chicken and taco seasoning together
3. Heat up some oil in a cast iron or non stick skillet
4. Add the chicken mixed with the seasoning to the skillet and heat until cooked thoroughly
5. Remove the chicken from skillet but don't turn the heat off
6. Add the frozen corn to the heated skillet and cook for 3-5 minutes until nice and tender
7. Add all ingredients into a large bowl and toss to combine
8. Serve however you please, with salsa or avocado! The options are really endless!

This recipe is so simple and I absolutely love it!

Please let me know if you give it a try and tag me on IG with pictures of your completed meal!!!

XOXO
Melissa

Please Follow Along

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram @mmlarose

Subscribe