Gatorade Endurance Formula - Review

9:49:00 PM

Disclaimer: I received the Gatorade Endurance Formula and Gel to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!



The last time I reviewed this product (HERE) I absolutely loved it. I knew that this was exactly what I needed to train for my 50 miler coming up this Fall. I had already decided I was going to order some more product and continue to promote it because it is just THAT good, I swear!



The opportunity came up to test out another round of this Gatorade Endurance POWER duo and I jumped at the chance!



The endurance formula is delicious, light and everything I need on its own. I never feel the need to take huge gulps of water afterwards. For me, sports drinks have always dried my mouth out, left me with a thick taste in my mouth. So, imagine my surprise after tasting the Endurance Formula! I was hooked and haven't used anything else during my Tunnel Hill training!



Some stats about the Endurance Formula (SOURCE):

ELECTROLYTES : 300mg Sodium & 140 mg Potassium
"Farther takes more. More determination. More early mornings. And more nutrients. Gatorade Endurance Formula has nearly twice the sodium and three times the potassium of traditional Gatorade. Endurance Formula can help you stay fueled and hydrated from Mile 1 to Mile 40 and beyond."

CARBS : 22g
"Get a quick kick of carbs with Endurance Formula's specialized carbohydrate solution. It’s scientifically formulated to be absorbed into the bloodstream as quickly as water, so both the fluid and carbs are delivered fast while minimizing the risk for gastrointestinal distress during a long (2.5 hr+) training session or race compared to a single carb solution."

CALORIES : 90
"Calories are crucial to going the distance. Not only are they the foundation of an endurance athlete’s nutritional needs, they help provide muscles with the energy needed to go farther."



Now let's move on to the gels. As I've stated before, I don't do gels. Gels have always upset my stomach and been so incredibly thick that I can't get through a whole one in one sitting, making it difficult to rely on them during long outdoor runs. On the treadmill I could take a tiny bit at a time and set it to the side and pick it up later, not so much an option outdoors on the run!



These Gatorade Energy Gels break all of the molds in my opinion. They are light, they are airy, it's almost like taking a drink out of the gel pouch! The first time I opened one it went everywhere because I wasn't prepared for it to be more of a liquid as much of a sticky substance. I took it and didn't feel the need to drink a gallon of water, I took the WHOLE thing! Again, since testing this product out the first time, these are the ONLY gels I have used since then!



Some stats on the Gels (SOURCE):

CARBS: 20g
"It’s a simple fact of training. The longer and harder you go, the more carbs your body needs. Endurance Energy Gel has 20g of carbs per serving to help endurance athletes continue to perform at a high level."

CALORIES : 80
"You can’t go farther unless you feed the machine. Simply put, you need a steady supply of calories. Endurance Energy Gel has 80 calories per packet to help keep your muscles churning mile after mile after mile."

With all of that said, I stand by my statement last time around and again this time. I won't use anything other than Gatorade Endurance Formula & Gels. I do understand that everyone is different, so even though it's perfect for me, it may not be for you. I just ask that you give it a try, especially if you're anti-gels or sports drinks. These may just be what you've been looking for!


Also, a little fun note, if you're running in any of THESE RACES in the upcoming months, you'll have some of the Gatorade Endurance Formula on course!!!

*CHEERS*

Please Follow Along

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram @mmlarose

Subscribe