Sweet Potato & Egg Breakfast Bowl - RECIPE9:35:00 AM
March is National Nutrition Month so I figured I would use this month to share with you all some of my favorite recipes and products that I eat/drink in order to keep myself in the best shape possible!
Of course, nutrition alone is only part of it so I will also be sharing an updated version of my workout essentials along with some pretty intense Sworkit workouts for you all to complete!
Today I am going to share with you all a new breakfast bowl I've been whipping up the past couple days. I just shared a picture of it on Instagram this morning and I highly encourage you all to give it a try!
As a Mom of two little boys it's really hard for me to find the time to eat breakfast so the quicker the better and this fits perfectly into my abilities and time restraints!
What You'll Need:
1. Sweet Potatoes (I pre-make the sweet potatoes so you can make as many as you want just be aware of how fresh they'll stay when making multiples. One sweet potato will make two breakfasts!)
2. 2 Eggs (per breakfast)
3. Feta Cheese
4. Olive Oil
5. Salt and Pepper
6. **OPTIONAL** Ham
What You'll Do:
To Make The Potatoes (I did this the night before and put them in the fridge)
Preheat oven to 425*F
1. Peel and dice up sweet potatoes into small chunks
2. Place them into an oven safe dish or baking sheet
3. Sprinkle some olive oil over the potatoes and stir it all up so the sweet potatoes are evenly coated
4. Sprinkle a dash of salt over the sweet potatoes and stir up once more to evenly distribute the salt
5. Place in oven for roughly 15-20 minutes, checking about halfway through and turning over if you think they're getting too dark on one side.
6. Once they're complete let them cool completely and place half of one sweet potato in a dish if you're eating them immediately or just place the entire batch in a refrigerator safe container for storage!
Putting Your Breakfast Bowl Together
1. Fry up your eggs however you prefer... I do mine over easy using either olive oil or coconut oil in the pan
2. While your eggs are frying up go ahead and heat up your potatoes (1/2 of one sweet potato per breakfast bowl) if you're using them from the fridge... How you choose to re-heat them is up to you. I go for the quick method so I just microwave them for about 30 seconds. They won't be as crispy as heating them in the oven or stove but time is precious so I take what I can get
3. Once your eggs are complete place them on top of your sweet potatoes
4. Grate some Feta Cheese over the top
5. **Optional** In the pan you used to fry the eggs throw some ham in and heat it through, placing on top of the eggs!
You have a healthy and yummy breakfast that is quite fast to whip up in the mornings!!
Stay tuned the rest of the month for more nutrition tips, recipes and tricks!!
Please Follow Along