Vacation Recap Part 1 : Working Routine

8:46:00 AM

In the beginning of this month my husband, myself and four of our friends, took a much needed vacation to the beautiful Mexico! We chose to stay at the Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun. To say the resort was beautiful would be a vast understatement.

We arrived to a hotel that embraces the outdoors, covered walkways all open to the ocean and water features and ponds surrounding everything. Absolutely gorgeous everywhere that you looked!

We had oceanfront rooms which made it super convenient to take a morning run down the beach to the sunrise. Which leads me to the mission of this post, to share with you all what my workout routine was during our vacation.

...view from our room

Now I know when you go on vacation you are supposed to rest and relax, which I did, pretty much the entire time. However, I took an hour or so each morning to get in a little workout, whether it be running or yoga on the beach. I can't help it, aside from the fact that I feel blah all day if I don't get in some sort of workout, no matter how small, I knew I would regret it if I didn't take advantage of our location by running on the beach with the sunrise.

... sunrise on the beach :)

I would wake up between 6:30 and 7 each morning, get ready and head to the beach. The first two days I ran a couple miles, quite leisurely I might add, and just took in the ocean waves, the views and the sunrise. The last morning I joined a yoga class that was taking place right outside of our building on the grass immediately in front of the beach.

... post run

... yoga view

Taking this time each day just jump started my day and made me extremely pumped and ready to go have drinks by the pool and endless amounts of food!

... ready for the day

Going with other couples was by far one of the best decisions we could have made, however it was very important to take that time for myself, away from everyone to just take it all in and relax on my own time in my own way. Starting each day out like this was just what I needed and just what this vacation was all about, decompressing, relaxing and just taking some time for ourselves!

I'll be sharing some more pictures from our trip with you all here on the blog soon! I hope everyone is having a wonderful Monday and start to this crazy Holiday week!!

Cheers!

Please Follow Along


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram @mmlarose

Subscribe