Golden Globes, Bachelor, Teen Mom 2 etc.

11:43:00 AM

I'm a little late to the Golden Globe party but alas, here I am.

I was going to share my thoughts on the best and worst dressed of the night but after reading a few articles and getting Yahoo's take on the stars {with their grading system} I realized that either I was insane for liking the stars I did or Yahoo just had it all wrong...

Case in point:
Jessica Chastain
Source
Yahoo gave her a D+ on this dress while I was thinking how much I loved it, I think the color fits her perfectly with her skin tone and hair color... But hey, who am I right?!

Anyway some of my favorite moments of the night included Kristen Wiig and Will Ferrels's bit, I laughed the entire time {& btw she was gorgeous!}
Source
Of course, Jodi Foster's speech...
Source
One tiny little issue I have with the whole celebrities and preaching about having privacy is this... If you choose to have the life of a celebrity, I feel as though any normal level of privacy is gone. Sharing your life with the world kind of just comes along with it. I'm not in any way saying it's easy or that everyone should jump up and down and love it because I couldn't even imagine having every little thing I do watched and criticized. However it comes with the territory, every job has it's good and bad points, sure it may be a bad point but it is what it is. Embrace it and use it positively. *end of soapbox*

Moving right along, my favorite part of the night had to be Ben Affleck's incredibly fast speech. He was going a mile a minute and managed to forget a few people, which was fine because his wifey picked up the slack and thanked the others for him when she got up to present an award.

Source
Could they be any cuter together?!

Next up... Monday night television. I stayed up close to 1 a.m. and still haven't watched everything I had taped, can we say ridiculous?!

Bachelor, not too much exciting-ness if you ask me. Now next week shit will hit the fan with Tierra falling down some steps, cue ambulance, tears, blaming everyone in the house and Sean's pity. This girl seems like a basket case and I can't wait to see it unfold!
Source
Fun fact : Sean is lucky number 25 in the Bachelor/Bachelorette family. Yup, that's right there have been 17 Bachelor's {Including Sean} and 8 Bachelorette's
source

My take on the Carrie Diaries, I think it will be worth watching. Of course I need to give it a couple more weeks just to be sure. 

Teen Mom 2... I balled my eyes out. Seriously, mess with a dog or a baby and I just can't handle it. Here's what I don't get, sure the dog wasn't on a leash so therefore they say there's nothing Chelsea can do but it was brought up on the show, what if Aubrey were to be outside and the dog hurt her? I get that they are totally not the same thing BUT the dog killed another dog, regardless of who is at fault it happened and I think that the owner of the other dog should have to be held accountable for that and take actions to make sure their dog is contained better so that this doesn't happen again & so the dog never hurts a human...

I think that's enough rambling for one day! Hope everyone's Tuesday is going swimmingly!

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. I totally get the thing about Teen Mom 2. I balled. It's just ridiculous that they passed blame on her and NOTHING happened to the owner of the Husky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow..that is alot of recaps...I did not get to watch the Golden Globe red carpet but i thought some dresses were bad!! Halle Berry's ew!! I did not get to watch Teen Mom 2 yet but man sounds like I'm in for a treat :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh - Jodi Foster's speech annoyed me. I heard a lot about it so I googled it and I was like, "Is she drunk?" && even better was Mel Gibson's face the whole speech!! I think I probably had the same face!! LOL. But, I agree with you on everything else!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't agree with you more about your thoughts on celebrities and privacy! Preach it girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the shows that you watch! Do you also watch Dance Moms? :::please say yes:::

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck, I think they are so sweet together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree the owner of the husky should be cited (but depends on the state where she lives) and the dog temperament tested but who is so irresponsible to let their dog run the streets without a leash?! Sorry the dog rescuer in me hates irresponsible pet owners with a passion - and she was being highly irresponsible.

    ReplyDelete

Instagram @mmlarose

Subscribe