Global 24 Hour Relay - Global Running Day 2020

9:47:00 PM


Disclaimer: I received entry into the 2020 Global 24 Hour Relay as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!

I was so excited when the option to opt into this race came up. The idea to be a part of a team that was running for 24 hours was extremely thrilling. When choosing the times that I would be willing to run I went all over the place. I ended up being slotted to run the 9am-930am CST. Which actually was pretty perfect and I was ready to go!

The day before the race I was contacted by the individual who was virtually passing the baton to me. She was super sweet and it was a great interaction. We wished each other well and expressed how excited we were to be a part of this. I also reached out to the person I was passing the baton to, however I never received a response.



The day of I was prepped and ready to go, I received the text "It's all you! Good Luck!" I was off. I ran my 30 minutes and being in a funk with running this was exactly what I needed to get me excited. Being locked up, unable to race, this was by far the most needed event personally!

It was so much fun, the sense of community and togetherness even though we were apart, I felt actually connected to others!

On top of the feeling of accomplishment, I received my swag this week. The medal and shirt are super cute and I love that I get to add this to my race wall and closet!




I look forward to participating next year!

*CHEERS*

Please Follow Along

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram @mmlarose

Subscribe