Wonder Woman St. Louis - Virtual Race Review

4:03:00 PM



Disclaimer: I received entry into the Wonder Woman St. Louis Race as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!


In the world of Covid, racing has changed drastically. We have gone from looking forward to those crisp mornings toeing the starting lineup amongst other runners who have put in the same training miles and dealt with injury and fatigue. We put aside the finish lines with comradery and high fives and those post race beers. Instead we’re running from the comfort of our own homes or the trails we’ve spent countless hours getting in our training runs on. We’re running solo, completing these races on our own reconnaissance. It’s not the same, not by a long shot and while we’re all missing that part of ourselves at least we can still run. We can still get outside and feel the breeze (& humidity depending on where you live) and fill our lungs with fresh air.

With all of these races going Virtual I have personally partaken in one myself. I was signed up to run the WW race here in St. Louis. To say I was disappointed to not be able to race in person was an understatement. However the fact I was still able to run and be a part of the WW community. Another bonus was that my Mom ran virtually as well. She’s always been my number one running partner so the added hit that we couldn’t run together was difficult as well. We made the best of it, enjoyed the run, sported our swag and had a blast!



I know it’s hard in this climate to stay motivated to run, I’m personally struggling. It’s just nice to have these organizations behind us as runners, doing their best to create an atmosphere of togetherness and community even while we are staying apart!


*CHEERS*

Please Follow Along


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram @mmlarose

Subscribe