50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind : part 2

8:24:00 AM


Happy Tuesday everyone! If you may recall last week I started this fun little project, all thanks goes to Amber over at Brunch with Amber. Her "50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind" post intrigued me until I decided to go ahead and start answering them myself... You can find my first post here.

Here are my answers for questions 6-10...



6. If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you right? To be honest, this is kind of an easy one... It would be two things that would make me rich, first I would write ALL of the time, it's my absolute favorite thing to do but I just always seem to put it on the back burner and attend to other things before my writing. The second would be, working with stray animals, I am such a sucker for just about any animal out there... I want to help them all and it makes me so sad that there are people out there who just discard their pets, I don't understand how anyone could do that to an animal. So that would be it, writing and animals.

7. Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing? I would say a little bit of both. I went to school for many years, graduated college and so on, yet I am not even using my degree at my current job and am confident I don't even need it to  be where I am at, and sometimes it frustrates me to think about the amount of talent I have and how much time I spent on my degree to just have it sit on the side lines. On the flip side, I work with my family and my grandfather is my boss so in that regard it's awesome to be able to spend that much time with him, and that is the part I do believe in.

8. If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently? I would be doing anything and everything I could... I would have gotten married much younger, started having kids by now and would just be living life the best I could. I think that we all take for granted that life could be over at 40 and just bank on being around for a long time when that isn't exactly the case all the time. I personally am one of those people, I haven't exactly been tackling my bucket list or even giving much thought to it... Maybe that needs to change...

9. To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken? I am happy and proud to be able to say that I feel like I have taken and always have had control of my life entirely. Sure, I listen to and take into consideration opinions of my family and close friends all of the time, but in the end I do feel like it has always been ME that has made all the choices for my life... I really like that feeling.

10. Are you  more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things? This is a hard one, I would have to say a little bit of both honestly. Whenever I do anything that could possibly have a negative effect on another person (or a positive effect too) I do consider if it is the right thing or not and if it is, then I do attempt to do it as "right" as I possibly can... and if I think that it isn't the right thing, I would like to think that I have always stepped back and not done whatever it is I was about to do. Doing things right and doing the right things can be used in conjunction if used correctly, doing the wrong things the right way doesn't mean anything but doing the right things the right way, that's what we should all be wanting to do!

If this post or my previous one has made you want to take this challenge too, post the link to your blog in the comments below, I would love to hear what you have to say!

<3 Melissa

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram @mmlarose

Subscribe