Fitness Friday : Best Homemade Granola Recipe

12:47:00 PM

I know I'm a little later than usual posting this and for that I apologize.
Let's jump right on in, shall we?!


Personally, I am obsessed with parfait's and recently I've been eating them almost daily!
I decided that instead of buying granola every week I would go ahead and try to make my own and see how it compared... Bottom line, I will never buy granola again and will exclusively make my own batch about once a month!



I decided I would go ahead and share my recipe with you all.
I have taken bits and pieces from recipes all over the internet and Pinterest because there are many recipes that have SO MANY ingredients, I wanted to simplify it as much as possible!

Ingredients:
- 1 Cup Slivered Almonds, Separated Into Two Bowls
- 3 Cups Quick Oats
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Honey
- 3 Tbspn Coconut Oil
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
-1 1/2 Tbspn Whole Chia Seeds
- 1 1/2 Tbspn Ground Flax Seed

Directions:
Step 1: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees

Step 2: Using a food processor, take one bowl of your slivered almonds and process them until they are the consistency of bread crumbs, set aside. Take the other bowl and process them a little more coarsely


Step 3: In a large bowl combine the Almonds, Oats, Chia Seeds, Flax Seed, Brown Sugar, and Salt



Step 4: In a smaller bowl, combine the Honey, Coconut Oil and Vanilla Extract. Microwave for 30 Seconds or until the mixture is pretty thin

Step 5: Pour this mixture over your oats and mix until evenly coated



Step 6: Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the oat mixture evenly onto it



Step 7: Bake the granola in the preheated oven for 7 minutes

Step 8: Remove the granola, break it up and stir it around, then put back in the oven for an additional 7-9 minutes {I always cook it an extra 9 to make it nice and crunchy!}

Step 9: Once baked to your liking, take it out and let the granola cool entirely before breaking it up and putting it in an airtight container or mason jar for storage!

And there you have it folks! Perfectly cooked granola you can make at home super easy!

This granola not only makes a great topping for your parfait's or sprinkled in salads in place of croutons, or just eating it straight out of the jar it also makes a great gift!

... Who wouldn't love receiving a jar of homemade granola?! I know I would!

Well I hope you all enjoyed this recipe and make sure to let me know if you try it out yourself, I'd love to see everyone's results!

Cheers!
Please Follow Along

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Instagram @mmlarose

Subscribe