Running.

10:58:00 AM

So I have decided to embark on my third half marathon.
Maybe I'm crazy, probably.
I have done two other half's in the past, both with very little to no training.
I know, horrible idea, and I did pay for it afterwards.
The first one I did was in April of 2011, right before our wedding.
I trained a BIT for this one.
The second was the following year.
I went with my Mom to her Marathon Meeting (she actually trained with a group of people and raised money for Leukemia research).
At the dinner one of the participants said that her husband wasn't going to be able to run and joked that she had an extra bib and shirt.
I accepted and that was that.
No training.
I ran.

Now four years later I have yet again, signed up for another half marathon.
This one I am doing with a really good friend, in hopes of each of us motivating the other to actually train and finish with a good time.

We signed up for the MO' Cowbell Half Marathon {Click the link to Register yourself!}
A huge plus is that this course is supposed to be one of the flattest *yay!*

Anyway, training started yesterday.
I found a nifty little 24-Week half marathon training schedule.

Seems very do-able!
So yesterday I started my training.

I track my workouts using the
A little caveat here.
I LOVE RUNKEEPER.
I wouldn't suggest running with any other app.
It tells you how far you have gone and what your miles per minute is in five minute intervals.
I don't know about you but I love the constant update, it really helps me keep pace!
Another bonus, it links up with My Fitness Pal! 
Check out my thoughts and love for this app in THIS post.


... Post 3 mile run look!


Okay I think that about sums it up for this Tuesday!
I hope everyone is having a great start to their week!

Cheers!

Please Follow Along

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. How awesome is the name of the race, too funny! You've got this gurlie! I can barely do a 5k, so I'm always in awe of those who run much bigger races!
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete

Instagram @mmlarose

Subscribe