The book that has no title {yet...}

10:04:00 AM

So I haven't talked about my book {if you're new here, I am writing a book *eek* and have been for a while, hoping to be done sooner rather than later!} much lately on this blog, crazy right?! I know, I know. I've recently had a surge of inspiration and have been writing like a mad woman. I love it. Every now and then I get to a point where I'm so frustrated that I just can't write anymore so the fact that I'm firing on all cylinders {I think that's the correct reference, don't really know but sounds cool} is just making me all happy!

Personally, I think my writing gets a whole lot better and more entertaining after a glass of wine or four two. Just saying.

I've decided from here on out, I'm just writing, no proofreading or printing it out and dissecting every little sentence {I am my worst critic for sure}, however I am going to just see where the story takes me and once I am done, entirely done, I will go back and let the nit-picking begin! Good idea?!

Source: etsy.com via Melissa on Pinterest

We shall see.

In light of this excitement, at least for me, I want to share with you all {something I have only shared with Andrew so feel special :) }, a little bit about my main character...

Hadley Moore. Teenager. Only child. Lives with her Mother & Father. Knowing nothing of who she is, never knowing her grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins etc. Trapped in a life she doesn't feel is the truth. Surrounded by other teenagers in her school she never seems to fit in, except for with her best friend, Austin. Although she swears they are "just friends" things get a little rocky when she finds out not only have her parents been lying to her her entire life, Austin was in on it too, which not only comes as a shock to Hadley but to her parents as well. When faced with the truth she is forced to wonder whether knowing who she really is, is everything she had hoped for.

So, I'm going to be very straightforward here, hope you don't mind, would you read it?!

Now I know that's not a lot to go on but I don't want to give too much away just yet, the story is still taking it's full shape. The more I write, the more I learn about my own characters, which is incredible and exciting!





As I come to the end of the book I'm looking into all avenues of publishing, attempting to send it to publishing houses OR self publishing?! I know there are pro's and con's to both, I just don't know which is right for me. Anyone have any suggestions?! Anything at all would be greatly appreciated!

Stay tuned... I've been toying with the idea of posting the first chapter or two up here once I'm done!! :)

"There are many reasons why novelists write–but they all have one thing in common: a need to create an alternative world."
John Fowles

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. I'm so excited for you, love!! And you know how I feel about writing drunk... ALWAYS A GOOD IDEA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting!!

    I was thinking you might find something helpful here: http://www.novelescapes.com/

    I write book reviews for this site, along with a few other women and most of the authors are self publishers. You may be able to find some of the authors (alot of them have goodreads.com profiles) and connect with, ask questions, compare, etc.! I also have the email of the administrator of the site so if you want to submit your book to be reviewed, you can send it to her!!

    Hope it helps! Good luck and I am so happy for you and your book writing journey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just think it's amazing you are writing a book in general. and yes, writing with wine is always better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's definitely intriguing. I'm sure I would probably read it! It sounds somewhat like a teen novel though, so I'm not sure if that's what you're going for or if it's more of an adult book. Or it may be both, something good for all audiences like Harry Potter and Twilight. I think if you put chapter 1 up, I could get a better feel for the book, but I'm already interested in your character as to how everyone is in on this lie, but even her parents don't know that her best friend is... it's very interesting, I'd give it a read!

    Congrats on writing a book too, good luck going through the publishing and all that!! I will look forward to reading the full novel once it's done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how exciting!! I think it sounds great! I know I want to read more.

    ReplyDelete

Instagram @mmlarose

Subscribe