My thoughts on this weekend...

9:48:00 AM

Seven days until Christmas Eve... Can you believe it?! Because I certainly can't... I mean, wasn't it just the Fourth of July like last week?! This year has just flown by!!

This past weekend was crazy busy, two Christmas parties along with finishing up Christmas shopping has taken it out of me! So here is just a little picture recap of the weekend...

Linking up {& loving the new button!}




Subway's Christmas party on Friday night! It just so happens my husband works with two of my bff's so needless to say it was a good night :) 


Saturday night, along with another group of my bff's :), there was an Ugly Christmas Sweater Party. Now I searched for an actual Christmas sweater but couldn't find anything SOO I decided to go with this "Owl be home for Christmas" shirt from Target. I thought it fit the profile somewhat perfect plus, it's an owl & I will be wearing this again!

I promise to share with you all the pics of our house all decorated and pretty for Christmas sometime later this week :)

One more thing before I go...

I have been reading, listening, understanding many different people's opinions on this particular idea. Yes, I will be participating & although I know I don't have to defend my reasons I just want to put out there my thoughts on it all...

 

I couldn't agree more with those who say that raising money or being silent won't bring those children and adults that lost their lives back to their families. Nothing will & for me, that's not the point of this. It is simply a way to show support, to feel as though we can do something, anything, no matter how small it may seem to anyone else. There is no right answer, everyone is going to have their own opinions and thoughts on the matter & that is absolutely okay.

This is my choice to take part in a day of silence, I respect others who choose not to & I even understand reasons as to why.

And as far as raising money goes, I really do think it is a good way to help... There are expenses that these families are going to be dealing with and by donating we can help, no matter how trivial others may think it is.

The organization is called The Newtown Family Youth and Family Services. Here is the official description of the support service we are donating to:

"Newtown Youth and Family Services, Inc. is a licensed, non-profit, mental health clinic and youth services bureau dedicated to helping children and families achieve their highest potential. NYFS provides programs, services, activities, counseling, support groups and education throughout the Greater Newtown area.

ANY DONATIONS MADE TO NEWTOWN YOUTH AND FAMILY SERVICES WILL BE DONATED DIRECTLY TO THOSE EFFECTED BY THE SANDY HOOK ELEMENTARY SCHOOL SHOOTING."


Please visit THIS PAGE to make your donation.

Let's make a difference and use blogging in a positive way. Thank you in advance for participating.

p.s. If you would like to, copy-paste and repost any part of this, please do. Share on.

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. I can't believe Xmas eve is in a week! This is seriously the fastest year. I hate it! I love your Christmas sweater it's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your owl sweater - so cute and funny!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's crazy how fast time is flyin!

    ReplyDelete

Instagram @mmlarose

Subscribe