Guest Post Tuesday : Ways to wear Fall Sweaters

9:44:00 AM

Hello everyone! So we've all seen the commercials & if you're anything like me, you've already checked it out {at least once}... What am I talking about?! ShoeDazzle. Well, today I have Anya Sarre, stylist for ShoeDazzle.com, here to take over my blog and share with you all her Fall Apparel Must Haves! If you know me at all, she had me at "Fall clothes". Anya is one of Hollywood’s most influential trendsetters. A nationally recognized celebrity stylist, Sarre is known for her impeccable eye and ability to tie any look together with the perfect accessory. Named “Best Television Fashion Stylist” for her appearances on Entertainment Tonight, The Insider and countless other media outlets, Sarre is the go-to fashion expert for Hollywood’s biggest celebrities.

So without further ado...


Fall Means Sweater Time

The key to looking your best is wearing something that you love. Personally, I’m
tired of seeing designers send models down the runway wearing little more than
a smile. If I see one more woman wearing a tiny sundress in the middle of fall, I
might scream. That is why I’m so excited that the hottest look this season takes a
page from your older brother’s playbook. One of the best pieces is an oversize
sweater, just like those sweaters you wore as a kid. What could feel better or
more comfortable that a sweater that makes you feel like you should be sitting
next to a roaring fireplace?



An oversize sweater works with everything in your closet, from your favorite
jeans to that pleather miniskirt that you never got around to wearing. The trick to
wearing this look is to balance your oversize top half with your bottom half. So
one of my favorite looks is the sweater and midi skirt combination. Put the
shorter skirts in the back of the closet once the temperature drops. Pair that midi
with an oversize sweater and get a look that will have heads turning. You can
make the look even more killer by cinching a belt around your waist. The belt
shows off your curves and keeps the sweater from overwhelming your body.


Patterned tights are another key piece for the season, and patterned tights work
great with an oversize sweater. The more daring among us can opt for a knee-
length sweater and a pair of rich herringbone pattern or fishnet tights. Add a pair
of ankle boots, and you’re ready for a night on the town. Who says that fall
fashions are just for the upper half? Work your look from the ground up and strut
your stuff in a great pair of women’s shoes. Booties and boots will make a splash
with the perfect look.



Another look that I love is an oversize sweater paired with shorts. If you are
anything like me, you probably have a few pairs of shorts that you only wear
during the warmer months. Now is the time to take those shorts into the colder
season. Add a pair of simple shorts with a brightly colored sweater and dark
tights for a look that you could almost wear to the office. With so many different
looks, there’s nothing stopping you from hitting the streets in your boyfriend’s
sweater.


Isn't she fantastic?! I took the suggestions she gave & created some fun outfits for inspiration :) {Let me know what you think & share some pics if you try any of these looks out!}

Be sure to check Anya out on the ShoeDazzle BLOG & follower her via Twitter


Pin this Post

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Omg I love the new page girl! Soooo cute!!!

    I wish I can wear sweaters like that! Here its way to hot. Even in winter time! It never really gets cold here ): which sucks because I love the cold!! But anyways absolutely obsessed with the second choice of outfits and in love with the 4th. Who wouldve thought that shorts and stocking would look adorable!!

    xoxo Yesi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to find some leather shorts...I want to try that last outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new layout and I think I'm going to try the tights with shorts look too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am IN LOVE with those tights! They definitely need to make it into my closet somehow! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is great! aaahhh, i am so excited, i want the cold weather to get here now, haha! ;)

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
    Too Much Soul Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  6. obsessed with the mustard sweater and leather skirt. So fabulous. Adore this post, love. If you get a sec, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my latest outfit. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Instagram @mmlarose

Subscribe