50 Questions To Free Your Mind

10:45:00 AM

When I was in high school my friends and I were obsessed with xanga... (You want to know way more about me as a teenager? Visit them here and here.) On these sites my friends and I spent countless amounts of time updating them and making them our own, one thing that I LOVED to do more than anything was answer surveys. Even though I am no longer a teenager I still find these surveys interesting and fun. I stumbled upon "50 Questions that Will Free Your Mind" on Amber's blog, Brunch with Amber, and knew that I had to answer these for myself. The questions here are much more in depth than those I answered when I was sixteen but I am excited to share them with you...


Because there are 50 questions, I am going to break it down and answer 5 questions every Tuesday and Thursday until all of them are answered! If these posts inspire you to take up this fun challenge (list of 50 q's) yourself leave the link to your blog in the comments, I would love to hear how you would answer these questions!

Here we go...

1. How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? Being the first question, this one is pretty hard to answer. I would probably have to say that I would be much older. My ideal Friday night would be staying in, watching a movie with my husband, a nice glass of wine and then ending with picking up on of my many knitting or sewing projects. I can be pretty crazy and fun too if the mood hits me right but nine times out of ten, I just want to chill out at home instead of going to bars all of the time.

2. Which is worse, failing or never trying? This one is pretty easy if you ask me, never trying is always worse. I did gymnastics for the entirety of my childhood and this sport instilled a lot of valuable lessons in me. One of the most important being, never stop trying. There wasn't an option to just not do something, even if I was scared out of my little leotard. And if we ever said "I can't" at practice, we had to run around the gym saying "I think I can, I think I can..." over and over again until our coaches thought we had learned our lesson. So if you never try you could be missing out on so much in life, failing is just something you are going to have to be okay with because no one can accomplish everything they set out to do, heck a lot of life's lessons can be found in the failures.

3. If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don't like and like so many things we don't do? I think sometimes we all get caught up in making the most money or being the best at what we are doing and we don't stop to take the time to realize that there's a good chance that we dislike what we are doing. Also, there could be a lot of factor's that play into why we do what we do, maybe it's to help out a family member or a friend and sometimes people forget all about their own well being and put others before themselves. Either way, I think that most people only look at the short term results, money or someone else's happiness, and they just can't see that in twenty or thirty years they are going to look back and wish that they would have made different choices. Our society is such a "I need this right now" society that thinking long term just isn't a viable option for everyone.

4. When it's all said and done, will you have said more than you've done? I sure hope not! I have a long list of things I want to do and I hope that I will be able to tackle the majority, if not all, of them!

5. What is the one thing you'd most like to change about the world? The one thing that I would most like to change about the world would be the people in it. I know that's a very open ended response but let me explain... I wish people could be more open and understanding. Just because someone isn't exactly like you, doesn't look like your or doesn't believe in the same things you do doesn't make them a bad person. Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs and opinions, so what makes on persons better than another's? Nothing. If you don't like something that someone says, does or acts like, that's your prerogative but it is also theirs to be who they are. I just wish that those who are suppressed and feel like they have to hide who they truly are in fear of being discriminated against or bullied wouldn't have to go through that or deal with it.

Well that does it for today! I hope you enjoyed! :)

<3 Melissa

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I'm so glad you decided to do this! :)

    I agree with your Friday night. That sounds perfect to me, although I don't know how to sew.

    Changing the people in the world would help tremendously. People need to care more!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Instagram @mmlarose

Subscribe