Zwift - Virtual Running Platform Review

10:36:00 PM


"Disclaimer: I received a Zwift Foot Pod to help review the free Zwift App as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!"

If you've been following along via social media the past month you may have seen me take part in a few different virtual runs with my BibRave family! These runs were so much fun to take part in because we are located all over the place so getting us together to run is pretty unrealistic. When the opportunity to run virtually with many other BibRave Pro's I was on board, no questions asked.



Once signed up I received a Zwift Running Pod that I placed on my shoelaces.




I was ready to run, but before I got started with that I had to download TWO Zwift Apps.



The first App, the ZWIFT App itself is the one you use WHILE running, this app is super simple to use. Open it up, connect your pod and you're ready to run!



The second app is the Zwift Companion App, here is where you'll connect with other runners, learn about upcoming runs and join the events!

This is the home screen, to see events happening soon just click the "EVENTS" tab

Click on whichever event interests you! I chose the "Weekend Long Run"


Once you have chosen an event, most have options as far as pacing goes so you can fall in line with people your speed. I chose group "C"

Once I open up the Zwift App my upcoming run is highlighted! The app also has a feature where it adds the run to your phone's calendar so you get a reminder before the run!!

So that's the set up, once you're running you have an avatar that runs virtually for you, through whatever city the event that you chose is in.

Here are a few screenshots of events I have ran...




All around this App and the technology are incredible. It is so fun to be able to link up with other runners, specifically runners that I know I won't be able to run with in real life anytime soon.

The Apps are so much fun to play around with, the idea of being able to explore new areas and meet new people is exciting, I definitely recommend you download the APPS, get one of the ZWIFT Pods and connect with other runners!

*CHEERS*

Please Follow Along

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram @mmlarose

Subscribe