Turkey Day Challenge : Leftover Legs!

10:04:00 AM

Hey, everyone! So I missed posting last week, but I have a good reason. My husband and I, along with some of our friends, took a much needed vacation to Mexico! I'll be sharing pictures later this week in a few different posts!

So with that said I wasn't able to share with you all the second week of this challenge in a blog post, however I did share it on Facebook and Instagram!

If you missed the second week's workout, don't fear, I'll share all of the workouts in this series at the end of this post!

Let's begin this week with a bang, and by bang I mean a hard core leg workout that will leave you wobbling. And along with this intense workout I'm going to share with you all my FAVORITE family recipe for what to do with your leftover Thanksgiving feast! Seriously, you'll need all of these workouts in this series to keep up with all of this deliciousness!

The boys decided to join in on the leg workout today as well... They love those squats!


I shared this recipe a few years back, however it hasn't gotten old and I feel it's necessary to re-share it with you all today!



Here is what you will need:
Left over turkey
Potatoes
{make the portion of potatoes to turkey even}
Your favorite turkey gravy
{You will need a good amount of gravy, I would say whatever you think you will need, get a little more than that}
An onion
Celery
{I used three small stalks}

What to do:
Peel and cube potatoes
Place potatoes in a pan with water on the stove, heat up until they are JUST about done
{And by done I mean, soft... You don't want them mooshy but you don't want them really hard}
Shred up the leftover turkey
Dice up the onion and celery
Once you are done set the turkey, onion and celery aside
While the potatoes continue to soften make your gravy
{Since I used the packet I just followed their directions}
Now for the fun part...
Once the potatoes are done strain out the water
Proceed to place all ingredients {potatoes, turkey, onion, celery} into an oven safe dish
I did layers, turkey, celery, onion, potatoes, more turkey, celery, onions, potatoes etc.
Now pour the gravy over the whole thing
Make sure to take it slow so that it seeps all the way down to the bottom

Place this in the oven for about twenty-twenty five minutes, really this part is up to you, since all of these ingredients are already cooked and edible it is just based on how done you want it.

And voila you have Turkey Hash!

I like to serve it over a bed of left over stuffing that I warm up in the microwave! Don't cook the stuffing in the dish, it'll just not turn out right!

Now that you have this recipe to get you through the days after Thanksgiving make sure that you check out ALL OF THE WORKOUTS in this series...


Each week focuses on a different part of the body, making these three work GREAT in unison. My recommendation would be to do each workout for 12 minutes (one right after the other) 2 or 3 times a week, along with other types of cardio and you will not have to feel one bit of guilt this holiday season! I definitely intend on keeping up with these workouts myself, as much as possible that is! :)

Thanksgiving is by far my favorite holiday and I'm looking forward to hanging out with my family and enjoying a delicious meal and their company! Because right after Thanksgiving is over we go straight into Christmas mode around here, and this year we are doing Elf on the Shelf for the first time so if you have any Elf suggestions please send them my way!

Happy Monday, everyone!!! I hope you have enjoyed this workout challenge series as much as I have!!

Cheers!

Please Follow Along



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram @mmlarose

Subscribe