Whole30 RECAP

11:48:00 AM

I have officially completed the Whole30 challenge!
*YAY*

If you want to catch up on my thoughts during the first half of this journey you can read it HERE.
It's okay, go read it, I'll wait.
*Insert Elevator Music*

Okay, moving right along.
The first half of this challenge I was figuring everything out.
I tried a few Whole30 approved recipes for dinner, taking fan favorites and manipulating them to fit the guidelines of what I could and could not eat.
They were good, at least I was okay with most of them.
The rest of the family, not so much.

What I did from the half way point on, stripped everything down and made it super simple.

Breakfast and lunch were easy.
I am simply a creature of habit so I at THIS every day for breakfast.

For lunch I stuck to a simple salad.

My salad dressing was simple:
3 Tablespoon EVOO
1 Tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
1 Tablespoon Organic Whole Mustard

I whisked all ingredients together in a small bowl and separated in half for two days worth of lunches.

As far as the meat I put in the salad it just depended on what was on hand.
I would thaw a salmon fillet and bake it or some left over pulled chicken or turkey from dinner the night before.
Topped it with veggies and/or fruit, depending on how I was feeling that day.
Super simple.

For dinner we went basic.
Meat, veggies, potatoes.
This way I could top my food with whatever I wanted and my husband could go all out with what he wanted.
Our basics were the same and we went from there.



Snacking was super simple as well.
Fruits and veggies.

And then there were the nights where this happened...
Pizza for him and eggs for me.
Some may call that mean, I say I have major will power to say no to IMOS.
So there's that.

Now that this journey has ended I feel a lot better about where I'm at health wise.
I have a lot more energy, I feel better on a daily basis and all around I'm happier with myself.
I am absolutely going to continue eating healthier from this point on as well.
I would also HIGHLY recommend this challenge to anyone who is looking for a healthier way of life. It was a really great place to start and now that it is complete a lot of these principle's and ideas will stick with me from here on out!

However, I am looking forward to having a nice cold beer and a glass of wine :)

If anyone has any questions or personal comments please feel free to either share in the comments section or email me privately mmlarose30 (at) gmail (dot) com

I hope everyone is having a fantastic week!

Cheers!

Please Follow Along

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. CONGRATS on finishing the whole 30 challenge! I've been soooo nervous to try it, but know it will be a great experience and I'll feel amazing when it's done!
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! Good for you! These meals look so good and healthy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! :)

      Everything was surprisingly tasty!

      Delete

Instagram @mmlarose

Subscribe