What to do with that left over turkey {Recipe}

2:30:00 PM

Okay so we all love turkey & on Thanksgiving we indulge in this delicious food.

Once this glorious day is over we are left with an abundance of left overs, & it may just be me but it gets old eating plain turkey & turkey sandwiches day after day.

I turned to an old recipe last night, one that my family has made every post-Thanksgiving since I can remember. We call it Turkey Hash.


Looks delicious, right?!

Here is what you will need:
Left over turkey
Potatoes
{make the portion of potatoes to turkey even}
Your favorite turkey gravy
{You will need a good amount of gravy, I would say whatever you think you will need, get a little more than that}
An onion
Celery
{I used three small stalks}

What to do:
Peel and cube potatoes
Place potatoes in a pan with water on the stove, heat up until they are JUST about done
{And by done I mean, soft... You don't want them mooshy but you don't want them really hard}
Shred up the leftover turkey
Dice up the onion and celery
Once you are done set the turkey, onion and celery aside
While the potatoes continue to soften make your gravy
{Since I used the packet I just followed their directions}
Now for the fun part...
Once the potatoes are done strain out the water
Proceed to place all ingredients {potatoes, turkey, onion, celery} into an oven safe dish
I did layers, turkey, celery, onion, potatoes, more turkey, celery, onions, potatoes etc.
Now pour the gravy over the whole thing
Make sure to take it slow so that it seeps all the way down to the bottom

Place this in the oven for about twenty-twenty five minutes, really this part is up to you, since all of these ingredients are already cooked and edible it is just based on how done you want it.

And voila you have Turkey Hash!

I like to serve it over a bed of left over stuffing that I warm up in the microwave
{I was informed that cooking the stuffing into the dish itself just doesn't turn out right}

Let me know if you try it out!! :)

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Another great recipe is the ritz cracker chicken http://www.the-girl-who-ate-everything.com/2010/06/poppy-seed-chicken.html

    We did this year before and oh my god amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Instagram @mmlarose

Subscribe